The winds of winter are here, bringing cold rain and snow with them. The roof on your home is going to be the first to take the brunt of a Northeastern winter so of course, you’ll want it to be in tip-top shape. That’s why we recommend a proper roof inspection, now!
Why Get Your Roof Inspected Right Now?
Do you know what kind of shape your roof is in? Can it handle the season’s harsh weather? Trust us, the last thing you want to discover is a leaky roof in the middle of a storm.
Overlooking roof damage can lead to a whole slew of problems, such as:
- Costly and unplanned winter repairs! The last thing you want to do is have to pay for an emergency roof repair in the midst of a winter storm. Opting for a roof inspection now can ensure minor issues or weak points are fixed before they can develop into something more serious.
- Increased utility bills! In the colder months, you want to keep the warm air inside your home, right? Well, if you have any small holes in your roof, the opposite will happen! In addition to having water leak into the home, you’ll find warm air will escape, driving up your electric bill each month. Repairing these holes will stop leaks AND stop wasting energy, a win-win!
- Mold! More of a longterm problem, but mold and mildew growth can result from a leaking roof. Mold can spread into the home’s structure, making it a difficult and costly nuisance to get rid of! Not to mention the health issues that come with mold spore production.
Signs You Might Have Roof Problems
Still not convinced you need a roof inspection? Here are a few obvious signs:
- Curled, buckled, or missing shingles. Most roofs can last 20-25 years, with others even longer pending the material. However, if your roof starts deteriorating before its lifespan, it is time for repair or replacement.
- Sagging roof. A roof deck should be level and straight. If you see any dips in your attic, you have a problem.
- Outside light. If in your attic during the day you notice streams of light coming through, that means water can also sneak through those openings.
If your roof shows any of these signs, give us a call! Our pro roofers here at Landmark Exteriors are here for all of your roof inspection, roof repair, or roof replacement needs.