Your roof is there to protect you against the harsh weather of winter, as well as the heat of summer. If your roof is in disrepair, don’t wait until next season to address the problems — now is the time to get those repairs done.
Here are 8 common roof repairs you should make immediately:
- Roof leaks. If your roof is leaking now, get it fixed ASAP. The longer you wait, the more potential damage (like mold, mildew, and rot) the water is going to do to your home.
- Damaged flashing. Flashing is what keeps water from getting in around chimneys, vents, and skylights. If the flashing is damaged, water can enter your home (causing damage as mentioned in point 1).
- Clogged gutters. Gutters are meant to move water away from your home. If they become clogged, due to leaves and other debris, water will remain stagnant in the trough. This can eventually lead to overflow and cause your roof to rot, helping water seep into your home.
- Lifted shingles. Winds and other severe weather can lift shingles. If you have any shingles that are not flat against the roof, give us a call to assess any damage.
- Sagging roof. Your roof deck and ridge line should be straight. If there is any sagging, it’s a sign the roof is not structurally sound.
- Tree damage. Whether your tree is overgrown or simply battling against strong winds, it’s not uncommon for trees to break or fall, causing roof damage. If you notice a tree is a bit too close for comfort, consider calling a tree trimmer to minimize potential issues.
- Small animal infiltration. Small animals like squirrels, raccoons, and birds can take advantage of small openings and start nesting in your eaves and attics. Get the animals removed and the holes covered!
- Missing, cracked or broken shingles. One broken shingle may not sound like a problem, however, shingles work together to protect your roof! A single missing or broken shingle is a spot where water can get in.
When it comes to your roof, preventative maintenance is key! Don’t wait for something to become a major problem before you take action. Addressing issues now can save you headaches later — trust us, even your wallet will thank you!
For any roof inspection, roof repair, or rood replacement needs, contact the pros at Landmark Exteriors today.