Although spring is a month away, the winter weather doesn’t seem to be leaving us just yet — how’s your home holding up?
According to Houselogic, if a house isn’t properly maintained it could lose 10 percent of its appraised value! Translation: tens of thousands of dollars out the window.
Make sure your home is in tip-top shape with this mid-winter home maintenance checklist:
- Check your plumbing for leaks or damage — and get them repaired!
- Wrap and insulate any exposed piping to prevent damage due to frozen or burst pipes.
- Ensure your electrical outlets are not overloaded.
- Prevent air leaks/heat loss by sealing windows and doors.
- Test carbon monoxide and smoke detectors.
- Flush your hot water heater to remove sediment build-up — doing so helps improve efficiency!
- Make sure your attic is properly ventilated — especially important for preventing ice dams and mold!
- Change out your air filter in your HVAC and clean dryer filters to extend your unit’s life expectancy (and also prevent fires).
- Make sure gutters and downspouts are free of debris and not damaged from prior storms.
- Inspect roofing for leaks, damage, etc. and repair as needed.
Contact us today at 203.838.3838 or fill out our online form here»