Saying goodbye to summer is always sad, but fall has so much to offer — especially in Connecticut! Here are a few of our favorite local activities for you and your family this autumn:
Take the Kids Apple Picking
To find the perfect apples to bake with and much on this season, try picking your own! Your little ones will have fun picking their very own apples, which may just inspire them to snack on something healthy, too! Here are our top locations nearby:
Pick Your Own Halloween Pumpkin
No matter the age, everyone LOVES pumpkin picking! You can go searching for the perfect pumpkin to take home and carve or place on your porch at these nearby farms and locations:
- Jones Family Farms
- Silverman’s Pumpkin Patch
- Castle Hill Farm
- Sam Bridge Nursery and Greenhouse
- Sherwood Farm
- Fairview Tree Farm
Attend a Fall Festival
- For carnival rides, a challenging hay maze, food, live entertainment, and more fall activities, attend the New Canaan Nature Center Fall Fair from October 4-5.
- Enter in a bit of friendly competition at the Greenwich Historical Society Fall Festival’s scarecrow competition, and enjoy great music and vibes while you work on October 12.
- If you want to go for a long, relaxing drive and chow down on some of the best chowders in New England, don’t miss Chowder Days at Mystic Seaport from October 12-14!
Fall has rustic vibes, which makes antiquing the perfect fall activity! Discover your new favorite decor piece, or short through artifacts from the past at the Fairfield County Antique & Design Center!
Visit a Haunted House
There’s nothing spookier than visiting a haunted house in the fall! For some serious frights, check out one of the most unique haunted traditions in New England at the Legends of Fear – Fairview Tree Farm, or visit Fright Haven, the largest and scariest indoor haunted attraction in Connecticut!
Take a Hike
With crisp cool air and beautiful fallen leaves, Autumn is one of the best times of year to go for a hike in Connecticut. Here are some of our favorite places to get out and enjoy all that nature has to offer:
- North End Norwalk River Valley Trail
- Oyster Shell Park
- Devil’s Den Preserve
- Wilton Town Forest
Whatever fall activities you embark on this fall, we hope you enjoy all this season has to offer!
While you’re celebrating the autumn season, let us prep your home for the cold weather that’s coming. Contact Landmark Exteriors for all of your home exterior maintenance, from roofing to siding and gutters!