It’s no surprise that homes are expensive, and with such an investment, we want our homes to look good inside and out. Finding the right combination of exterior colors isn’t always easy, but it is crucial to keep your home’s exterior looking cohesive.
Choosing a Roofing Color
When selecting a roofing color, you want it to pair nicely with the siding of your home. The architectural design of your home is one of the most important factors to think about, as well as what kind of statement you want your home to make.
Here’s a list of tips and suggestions to help get you started:
- Lighter siding colors paired with a lighter roofing material will help make your home appear larger and more expansive.
- Lighter colors used on siding and roofing help exemplify architectural features.
- In general, medium tones paired harmoniously with siding and roofing will look good with almost every style of home, while not overpowering architectural details.
- A robust and dark roofing color paired with a more moderate siding tone will create a strong balance to the home.
- When wanting to blend the exterior colors of your home, using a light to moderate siding paired with a darker shade of the same color for the roof, the house will have a beautiful, finished look.
- Using complementary colors typically looks better than matching the siding and roofing colors exactly.
- Newer, contemporary homes look better and more intensified with varying tones of black and gray. It’s also good to make sure your gutters/trim don’t clash but help exemplify the colors you choose for siding and roofing.
Siding can dramatically boost the appearance of your home. Landmark Exteriors offers a variety of siding applications from horizontal to vertical siding, in various wood species and cuts. Our materials can be left unfinished to patina, or it can be installed pre-primed to be finished at a later date. Contact us today to turn your vision for your home’s exterior into a reality.