Are you interested in getting new siding for your home?
We know that you want the exterior of your home to look attractive and leave a good first impression. However, we know you also want to make sure that you consider, like any other exterior home renovation, factors such as cost, installation, and durability. Siding is one of the critical components to your home’s exterior, and one of the first things you’ll need to decide is whether you want vertical or horizontal siding.
Here’s what you need to know when considering whether to get vertical or horizontal siding for your home:
- Aesthetics – If you are looking to add uniqueness to your home, vertical siding is the perfect way to do just that. Vertical siding work to elongate your home and will undoubtedly help it to stand out from your neighbors.
- Installation – Since this siding is more uncommon, the process will likely be longer and more difficult. There are also more steps in the process of installing vertical siding.
- Durability – Vertical siding is very durable and less likely to suffer from water damage than horizontal siding.
- Cost – The price for this type of siding will likely be slightly more expensive than with horizontal siding because it has more steps to the process and is much less common.
- Aesthetics – If you want a more traditional, sleek, clean look for your home’s siding, horizontal is the way to go. Most homes have horizontal siding and will probably never go out of style.
- Installation – Since horizontal siding is just much more common, the installation process will most likely be quicker and easier.
- Durability – Horizontal siding is also very durable, but there is the risk of water seeping underneath the siding strips and causing damage to your home. If the siding is wood, this also opens up the risk of mildew and mold growth and will lead to a need for routine cleanings.
- Cost – The price for this type of siding is often the cheaper option because it is much more common and quicker to install.
Home Siding Installation in Fairfield County
If you are looking to get new siding for your home, give the experts at Landmark Exteriors a call at (203) 838-3838 and let us help you achieve your perfect home exterior.