You Can Replace Your Roof During The Winter!
It’s wintertime, and for many of us, that means hunkering down and avoiding any major home improvement projects. But what if your roof needs repairs or a replacement? Surely that’s a job best left for warmer weather, right? Wrong!
One of the biggest myths about roofing is that it can only be done in warm weather. In reality, though, there are plenty of reasons to replace your roof in the winter.
Advantages of a Winter Roof Replacement
Here are some of the benefits of a winter roof replacement:
- Cut Costs – Winter is a less busy time for most roofing companies, so many businesses will offer specials and discounts to increase their sales.
- Quick Scheduling – Since it isn’t peak season, there will likely be more flexibility when it comes to scheduling, and it could get the job started quicker.
- Prevent Winter Damage – Winter ice and snow can wreak havoc on a damaged or old roof, so if it needs to be replaced, don’t hope you’ll make it through the season and wait for spring. Instead, get it done as soon as possible so you’ll rest assured your home is protected from the winter weather.
- Lower Energy Bills – A new roof can directly impact your indoor heat usage and energy bills during the winter months, so save money now by getting your roof replaced when winter arrives.
- Ready to Sell Your Home – Spring is an ideal time for many to put their homes on the market. If you’re getting a roof replacement to increase your home’s value, then getting it completed and off your to-do list in the winter, so you’re ready to go once the warmer months return, can be very helpful.
Preparing For a Winter Roof Replacement
Of course, there are a few things to keep in mind if you do decide to replace your roof in the winter. First, make sure to hire a reputable company that has experience with winter roofing. Second, be prepared for some potential delays; snow and ice can make it difficult for workers to access your roof, and inclement weather can also lead to extended wait times for materials. Finally, ensure you have a solid plan in place for dealing with any water that may come into your home during the project; this might include bundling up, renting a storage container, or setting up some fans to dry out the area.
Contact Landmark Exteriors for roofing inspections, repairs, and replacements!
The experts at Landmark Exteriors are here to help ensure your home’s roofing system looks great and functions properly for years to come! Give us a call at (203) 838-3838 or visit our website to learn more.