As temperatures increase, so does your energy bill — unless you adopt a few energy saving tips into your routine! We’re here to help you find the perfect balance between using your home as a cool refuge and not letting your energy bill break the bank:
1. Make sure your cooling system is running efficiently. This means it’s time for an AC tune-up, and to check the window seals on your pane-based air conditioner units. If you notice your home is still not cooling correctly, consider roof ventilation to help let more heat escape out.
2. Avoid heating your home with appliances and heavy lighting. It’s time to show your microwave and grill some love, and take a break from your oven. Instead of turning on every light in the house, utilize natural light during the daytime. Additionally, be more mindful of shutting off switches when leaving a room, and consider switching to energy-efficient bulbs.
3. Use windows to gain cool air. This is where window upgrades can save you money in the long run. On milder days and nights, opt to shut off your air conditioner and crack open the windows. You’ll also appreciate the breath of fresh air!
4. Give your dryer a well-deserved rest. Line dry clothes when you can, or utilize your dryer to its maximum capacity to cut down on how many cycles you need to run.
5. Install a smart thermostat. These devices allow you to customize temperatures from room-to-room throughout your day and help regulate your home — plus they’re one of the home improvement projects known to boost resale value.
At Landmarks Exteriors, our professionals are here for all your home needs! Large or small, we take care of everything from roof ventilations, window upgrades, and routine maintenance checks. Contact us today to see how we can help!