Choosing your home’s siding should take some thought and consideration. You’ll want to select a material that not only looks great but also is long-lasting and durable. Cedar siding is a popular choice for homeowners as it checks most, if not all, their boxes.
Benefits of Cedar Siding For Your Home
When choosing siding for your house, you want to make a choice you’ll be happy with for years to come. Not only does siding protect your home from the harsh weather and temperatures, but it also contributes to your home’s curb appeal and overall look. Here are the many pros to having cedar siding installed on your house’s exterior:
- Natural beauty – There’s no doubt that cedar is one of the most naturally beautiful woods you can use for siding. The warm color and appealing scent create a cozy and woodsy aesthetic that is unmatched by other materials. If you want a unique, historic and classic look, cedar is a great option.
- Excellent insulation – Not all siding materials provide adequate insulation for your house, but cedar is better than most options. As well, cedar helps reduce noise from outside.
- Environmentally friendly – The only tree species that grows quicker than cedar is bamboo and it also takes little energy to produce, making cedar a great renewable source and an environmentally friendly siding option.
- Diversity – Cedar can come in various styles, shapes, and shades to match your desired design and look.
- Insect-resistant – Though cedar doesn’t have pitch or resin, it does have tannin, which naturally deters rodents and insects, giving you extra peace of mind from pests that can do some damage.
- Rot-resistant – Cedar oil resists wood rot, making cedar a good option for homes in climates that experience high humidity and other damp conditions.
One important thing to note about cedar siding is that preservation is key! But with Landmark Exteriors, cedar preservation is quick and easy.
Cedar-Life®, A Division of Landmark Exteriors
Cedar-Life, a division of Landmark Exteriors, is a leader in cedar roof and siding and preservation. Our proven process restores and rejuvenates the natural beauty of your home’s cedar, including roofing, fences, siding and decks. Cedar treatments require a specialist who is knowledgeable and trained in properly cleaning and treating cedar, and our team of experts is perfect for the job.
We use only proven, tested and certified products to ensure your home’s cedar is perfectly preserved for years to come. When you choose Cedar-Life, you are hiring experts dedicated to improving the health and beauty of your home’s cedar. We leave our customers 100% satisfied, without exception.
Contact us for an estimate
If you’re looking to have cedar siding installed for your home or need it adequately preserved, we’ve got you covered! The siding contractors at Landmark Exteriors are here to help ensure your home’s siding both looks great and is functioning properly for years to come! Give us a call at (203) 838-3838 to learn more.